This post first appeared in the Christianity for Life blog
Just some thoughts. The US supreme court have decided in their wisdom that the states must recognize same sex marriage. This means…
1. The states must issue marriage licenses to same sex couples.
2. Individuals are legally allowed to marry people of the same sex in the USA.
3. The states must recognize same sex marriages that were solemnized in other jurisdictions.
This does NOT mean…
1. That the Christian sacrament of marriage has changed to anything other than the joining of a man and woman before God.
2. That same sex marriages are accepted by God.
3. That Christian clergy must officiate same sex wedding ceremonies in a manner that suggests they are the same as the Christian sacrament of marriage.
Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s. The law already permits and encourages activities that are at odds with the Church. This is just one more thing. (Vegas anyone?)
There is danger ahead because,
1. The Bible (God’s word) is now at odds with the law.
2. Activists will insist that the Bible be changed or banned outright.
3. Christian clergy and others who resist will be criminalized.
If the activists have their way, 2000 years of Christianity would end right here. Will that ever be a reality? Fat chance, so there’s trouble ahead. Time to pray.
If you liked this article, you can support Steve's work with a small donation.